Tuesday, October 27, 2015

5 days and counting...

So here we are 5 days out from the NYC Marathon, and I'm a nervous wreck! I feel more nervous than last year, and I think it's because I know what to expect this time around. For some reason I keep thinking of the pain I'll eventually be in, and it's not that it scares me because it wasn't really so bad last year, it's just wondering if I can break through it again this year and not hit the wall.
I'm also nervous because last year I ran with two friends, and this year I'm hoping to run with my friend Christina, but she's actually dealing with a bad cold this week, and we're not sure how she'll be feeling come Sunday morning. So if I end up running the marathon alone, now I'm wondering if I can mentally get through it solo! I know I'm crazy because I've done all my training runs alone, and got through each one, so I should be fine, but it's my head that's going crazy in the final days ahead! 
During these last few days my focus is carb loading, drinking lots of fluids, getting everything I'll need together, and the weather. So far I feel more prepped than last year since I was scrambling around the day before looking for last minute stuff. This year I've been prepping since last week and I think I'll be ready with everything by Friday! (I hope!) 
The weather is driving me nuts too, because it was supposed to be cloudy and high 50's but as of this morning it's now going to be in the 60's and 50% chance of rain! I don't mind running in the rain but for 26.2 miles it really doesn't sound like fun! So I'm torn btw short sleeves or long sleeves and I'm sure I'll be torn up until the morning of, so who knows what I'll do! 
Thank goodness the expo opens in two days, that way I can distract my nerves from the thoughts of actually running and just have fun seeing my teammates at our pasta dinner and the opening ceremonies on Friday! I'll do my best to blog about everything leading to the marathon, but if not I will be posting a recap a few days after! And if I'm lucky I'm going to record whatever I can on my GoPro and make a you tube video!

No comments:

Post a Comment