Saturday, October 31, 2015

Less than 24 hours to go!

Well the last few days have been a whirlwind of activity and now we're hours from the start line! Thursday night was such a fun night with my running team! We all met up at the expo at the Javits center, and shopped for our new gear, and talked about our nerves, course strategies, and reminisced about marathons past! I will be running with two of my teammates, Christina and Ariel, and each of us has a reason why this marathon is so important for us to finish! I hope we can motivate each other alon the way and have a great time on the course!
After hanging at the expo for a couple of hours my team headed to a pub for an amazing pasta dinner! The food was amazing, and we got to carb load amongst each other, and do what we do best; talk all about running!!! Being with them that night helped ease lots of nerves, and just knowing I'm sharing a journey with so many friends is a blessed feeling, I'm a lucky girl! 
Yesterday was spent with my sister at the expo to shop and look around! It was so much fun! I ended up getting a new shirt customized to wear tomorrow, picked up some headbands, and had fun at the photo booths! 

After the expo we had pizza for lunch, and then headed to the opening ceremony in Central Park! I walked with the Ecuadorian delegates, and had so much fun seeing other cultures celebrate the marathon and being in NYC. There was music, dancing, and fireworks, the crowd was hyper and ready to party and have a good time! Its definitely the best way to get excited for the marathon, because after it's over it's time to rest up and eat the last meal! 
I already went out on a shakeout run this morning, ran just a little over a mile, and reminisced about why I started running, and how I've come to accept and understand that all the bad things in my past had to happen in order for me to be at the start line. Everything that's happened to me needed to happen because life showed me how hard and dark it can be if you lose control of it. I had to make choices, sacrifices, and learn to trust myself to find the strength to believe that I'm made to run a marathon. It's given me the confidence to believe that I am a marathoner and it was who I was meant to be this whole time. I'm a marathoner and whatever happens tomorrow won't change that, so now I'll rest, and enjoy whatever comes my way, it's going to be epic! 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment